What is the aftercare process for Microblading?
- For the first 2 days, do not allow your newly microbladed eyebrows to come in contact with water.
- We provide you with some Vitamin A & D ointment for you to take home and apply every 2-3 hours as needed for 7-10 days. Any redness or irritation will subside within 2 hours of completing your appointment.
- Please remember the first 7 days will NOT reflect your true final result as the pigment has not yet peeled completely so they will look DARK and INTENSE.
- Typical healing time is about 2 weeks.
- Things to avoid while healing: Tanning (UV exposure), Swimming, Saunas, Hot tubs, Gymnasiums or any activity that may cause you to sweat excessively.
- Your scalp will normally experience a few slight side effects (mild redness, swelling, itchiness and scabbing), which will subside after a few days. Be patient, and allow yourself to heal.
- Resist the urge to scratch or remove scabs, as you will experience premature pigment loss or color patching
- The pigment will appear darker and more pronounced immediately after the procedure for the first 3-5 days. Once scabbing comes off, the pigment may look significantly lighter for the first few weeks before the color resurfaces
- Allow 4-6 weeks between treatments for your skin to properly heal, avoid excess scar tissue formation and retain maximum pigmentation
Frequently Asked Questions about Microblading
Does Microblading hurt?
- There is some slight discomfort, the initial pain is comparable to threading/plucking but numbing cream is used to help ease the pain 30 minutes before Microblading and during Microblading. 9/10 of my clients don’t feel pain after the second or third application of numbing cream.
Who should NOT Get Microblading?
Clients who have any of the following conditions:
- Clients affected by any transmitted disease such as Aids, HIV or Hepatitis.
- Anyone who is pregnant or breast feeding.
- Anyone previously tattooed and the tattoo is still too dark.
- Anyone with a history of keloid scaring.
- Individuals with type 2 Diabetes must check with their doctor first.
- Anyone taking blood thinners.
How long does 3D Microblading last?
- Eyebrow Microblading lasts between 1-3 years depending on the client’s skin type, age, and aftercare.
how often do I need a touch-up?
- Touch-ups are recommended annually to maintain eyebrow quality.
How is the eyebrow shape determined in Microblading?
- First we analyze the client’s eye shape, bone structure, face shape and the client’s preference.
- Then we carefully measure and outline the brows using our tools.
- When the client agrees with the brow design, we then move forward with microblading.
What is your sterilization/sanitization process?
- We are Alberta Health Services inspected and approved.
- All blades are single use and come in sterilized packaging. Needles are disposed of after each client.
- Gloves are worn at all times
- All work stations are thoroughly cleaned with Cavi disinfectant wipes.
What is the Microblading process?
- 24 hours prior to the procedure, please do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin).
- During your appointment we will assess and customize your pigment color to match your natural hair follicles. If you think you may be allergic, we will conduct a patch test to ensure that there is no allergic reaction to the ink.
- Once we’ve created your design, we’ll apply a numbing cream (Zensa) to the treated areas to increase your comfort during the procedure. During the procedure we use Topical anesthetics (Feel Better Now).
- The Microblading process is illustrated in our video What is Microblading